APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER | AMAZON
You are in for a major treat with this one. My guest this week is Lauren Buglioli. She’s an actress, dog mom, educator and enthusiast. She’s also an incredibly talented actress & singer, but what I love most about her is just who she is in this world. She’s one of those people who will leave an impact on your life with even the smallest of interactions. I’m beyond thrilled to share this amazing woman with you. She’s my running buddy in life and I can attest to how incredible her mindset is and how she’s all about the inner work and growth.
In this episode, Lauren breaks the ice and tells us that she’s “recreationally petty”. She has a big grudge against Ryder Strong because he didn’t respond to her fan mail that she wrote him as a child. He better acknowledge her fan mail! However her affections for fictional characters ebbs and flows as she evolves. 🙂 Although we may never stop carrying the torch over the dis from Ryder Strong.
We dive right in on this one with deep conversations about life and evolution. Lauren constantly reminds herself that she doesn’t have all the answers and that fear is what drives our need to control things. The open palm approach, acknowledging ego and fear but also having grace for our humanness.
“When you think you’re being broken, you’re being built.”
The entire theme of the conversation is about stepping into the highest version of yourself instead of trying to be perfect. It’s about growth and leveling up. Two things can co exist. You can be uncomfortable & you can be stepping into your highest self at the same time.
“We don’t need to be fixed. We’re just evolving and when that becomes sexy and exciting, you can fall in love with your life.”
Lauren believes relationships are “spiritual assignments” and I have to agree with her on that. We have to find compassion for ourselves as we are evolving. She also shares how she schedules her entire life to make sure things are prioritized and handled. That includes setting boundaries so she can carve out time to work on her craft, take care of her health and other needs. That’s something we can all benefit from.
- Paradox Process – she and I both see Ashlee on the regular. Highly recommend.
- Zoom out- perspective check regularly. More gratitude, less suffering, comparison or fear. It’s a process and a practice. Write it out. Move. Sit with it. Woof. Welcome to your life. Growth doesn’t feel good but the other side of it does.
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up and learn from those who don’t, recognizing we all go through seasons and deserve grace and compassion. Everyone is in pain- it’s not about you.
- Read The Four Agreements. “take nothing personally”
- Every relationship is a spiritual assignment- stop and ask yourself- what am I learning.
- Falling in love with the process and bringing joy to everything SLAPS. The more you set this intention, and consciously practice it, the easier it becomes. We fall off and realign.
- Be mindful of what you consume.
- Remind yourself you’re always doing better than you think you are. Put it on a post it. Tattoo it on your bawdy. Remind your friends and family. It’s all going to be okay, even when it doesn’t feel like it.
Join us as we dive in deep on inner work and self discovery! I hope you love this episode as much as I do.